The PTA needs your help to sustain the level of support it provides to students and teachers. Please read over this list of vacant positions, and if there is one that you feel suits your abilities, please nominate yourself for it. If you don’t see a good fit for what you can offer, then let us know what you would be able to help with. If you have questions, please see one of the current board members, drop a note in the PTA mailbox, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board Positions (which must be filled for the PTA to continue as a viable agency at this school)
- President: Supervises the business and affairs of the organization, signs contracts, presides at meetings, appoints committee chairpersons, and coordinates the work of the other PTA board members and coordinators.
- Secretary: Keeps minutes of meetings, corresponds with region director, maintains files of reports, membership lists, and records, creates and maintains correspondence under the direction of the president.
- Treasurer: Manages the deposits and disbursements of the organization, develops and maintains the budget, presents financial statements at annual meetings, keeps the accounts and records, pays dues to the New York State PTA and the National PTA.
- Spring Fair: Works with other board members and volunteers to schedule, promote, and coordinate the events and goods offered for sale or participation at the Fair; coordinates volunteers for the various booths and activities; works with the treasurer and board members to purchase supplies and equipment necessary to the events and activities; oversees setup and cleanup of the booths.
- Teacher Appreciation Week Coordinator: Twice a year (during the parent-teacher conferences) organizes a lunch for the teachers by coordinating the donations requested from each grade, overseeing lunch setup, organizing clean up afterwards.
We look forward to continuing to work with all parents to support the students and teachers in making their learning experience a joy.